People who are maintaining a website know that keywords play a very important role in achieving a high rank in search engines. Keywords are the first thing that web users use to get to certain topic and this is the reason why you really need to have the right keywords circulating within the contents of your website.
It is also crucial that you are knowledgeable about keyword positioning. Keyword positioning is the process of knowing where exactly the keywords must be placed. If your keywords are well positioned, you traffic will most likely increase.
If you still are not yet that familiar with keyword positioning, here are some guidelines for you:
- Have well-chosen keywords. To make sure you have effective keywords, you have to conduct some research. Find out the keywords that are often used by web users pertaining to your niche.
- Place your keywords in prominent areas. Your keywords should be seen in the prominent places in your web pages. For instance, they have to be in your description tags, titles, sub-titles, etc.
- Show them in your titles. Your titles should always contain your keywords. As much as possible, your keywords should always appear in the first sentence of your contents.
- Write quality contents. To further boost your rank in search engines aside from the SEO techniques mentioned above, you also have to come up with well-written contents containing, of course, the right number of keywords. Also see to it that the keywords are used in the most excellent manner. This is one of the determining factors that search engines use in ranking websites. You should always avoid using duplicate content. If you cannot create the content yourself, then hire professionals who can, but only those who use paid plagiarism detection tools.
- Make use of anchor texts. Description tags as well as title tags and meta tags are given ample importance by several search engines and so you also have to give important to them. Instead of merely describing your contents using simple words, try to squeeze in your keywords. Excessive keyword usage is irritating and punished by Search Engines
- Do not make excessive use of keywords. Keyword usage that is beyond the standard of search engines will not give your website a higher rank, but it will instead pull your rank down. To avoid this, check the density of your keywords using a keyword density tool like DupeFree Pro.